Sign Up for Colleen's New Release notifications!

* indicates required

Cycling

Went cycling yesterday. It was my first ride in months!  I've been taking a break from riding, partly because of Christmas, but also because winter has set in.  But that's really no excuse, since I have all the winter clothing. I even have a "winter" bike.

It was a beautiful day for a ride. The air was crisp, the sun was shining, and all the birds were out. We saw an eagle perched above, eating his catch. Stellar Jays and finches alike were singing their songs.

We rode along River Road and watched the ducks and tug boats share the Fraser River.  River Road is one of the settings in Exit Strategy. Something happens to Kat there. I won't tell you what, because that would give away the story. You'll have to read the book.



I get some of my best ideas while outside riding or running.  It's probably from the fresh air and change of scenery.  When I take my mind off a problem, I am more likely to arrive at the solution.  Ideas just seem to flow better when unforced. 

After riding past acres of cranberry fields, we stopped for enchiladas and Mexican hot chocolate at a Mexican deli.

Who could ask for a more perfect day?

Read more at http://colleencross.com/ or buy Exit Strategy on Amazon