Sign Up for Colleen's New Release notifications!

* indicates required

Meet the Authors - 25 Mysteries to Die For - Siboney Webber

Introducing Siboney Webber, 25 Mysteries to Die For co-author...








SIBONEY WEBBER AUTHOR INTERVIEW








Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I’m a multi-genre writer. I’ve been writing paranormal romance and romantic thrillers under a pseudonym for three years but decided it was time to branch out and write the kind of books I loved to read when I was a teenager.

I live just outside of New York City with my teenage daughter and our bulldog, Chubby. I’m a former psychiatric nurse.

Was there a certain time in your life you knew you wanted to write? 


I was the kid who always had a story to tell. I loved writing. I devoured books and spent more time with my nose in a book than I did doing anything else. I don’t remember a specific event or time. I think it was just a given that I’d someday write for a living. I’m so tickled that I get to do that now.

What are you currently working on?

I’m deep in research for my next books. Both will be released next year.

Of the books you’ve written, which one is your favorite and why?

I must say, it’s my cozy. It was such a hoot to write. I absolutely love all the characters I created.

What books have most influenced you as a writer?

I’ve read thousands of books in my lifetime. I think the books that still resonate with me are those I never thought I’d read. I was an Oprah’s Book Club devotee. The books I read thus made me think and see beyond my small corner of the world. Every book on that list has stayed with me.

What do you find to be the most challenging part of writing? And the most rewarding?

The most challenging part was allowing myself to write without overthinking it. The most rewarding is the act of writing itself. I love getting lost in a story.

What book is on your nightstand?

Currently, I’m rereading the classics with members of a book club I belong to. We’re reading To Kill a Mockingbird.

What can we look forward to seeing from you in the future?

As mentioned, I plan on writing two new books this coming year. I already have two others written and edited that will be released next year as well.

Is there anything you’d like to share with your readers?

If you’re a fan of quirky characters with a dash of sass and a spoonful of gumption, you’ll love my Down-Home Cozy Mysteries.



AUTHOR LINKS

Facebook author page: http://www.facebook.com/Siboney-Webber-Down-Home-Cozy-Mysteries-768107746559854

Website: http://novelistgraelily.wixsite.com/graelily

Blog: https://novelistgraelily.wordpress.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GraeLily


AUTHOR BIO

Some kids want to grow up to be rock stars. Siboney Webber never wanted to grow up. She lived in a world filled with every book she could get her hands on. She’d dream of sitting at a 1929 Underwood Standard No. 3 typewriter and spending her days and nights writing the next great novel, but then life happened.

A twenty-five-year career as a psychiatric nurse in a New York hospital gave her plenty of fodder for future novels, but there was never enough time in her day to execute her plan. After 9/11, Siboney vowed to never make excuses again and put pen to paper. Now, she writes cozy mysteries and maintains a romantic thriller catalog of 16+ titles under a pseudonym.

So far, I've written romance under the pen name Grae Lily and now that I'm venturing into cosy mystery territory, my author name will be 'Grae Lily writing as Siboney Webber'. To check out my other titles, visit me at the links.