Sign Up for Colleen's New Release notifications!

* indicates required

Meet the Authors - 25 Mysteries to Die For - Savannah Mae

Introducing Savannah Mae, 25 Mysteries to Die For co-author...








SAVANNAH MAE AUTHOR INTERVIEW








Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I'm Savannah Mae. I'm new to self-publishing, but not new to writing professionally. For the last decade, I've been writing articles for multiple publications and for websites. I've always toyed with the idea of writing a book but pushed the thought out of my head. Earlier this year, I turned forty and declared that this year of my life would be a year of saying no to fear. I did what I thought was impossible and started writing cozy mysteries.

Was there a certain time in your life you knew you wanted to write?  

I don't recall any specific moment when I realized I'd wanted to write. I do, however, remember each and every time I convinced myself otherwise. Intuitively, I think I always believed it would happen someday. 

What are you currently working on?

I'm working on the second book in my Jinx Cove witches series. The first book is included in this 25-novel bundle.

Of the books you’ve written, which one is your favorite and why?

My favorite is the only one I've completed thus far, Mayhem in Jinx Cove. I've probably read it a dozen times or more. I'm proud of what I've created and hope readers enjoy it.

What books have most influenced you as a writer?

I love mysteries. When I was growing up, the Nancy Drew series and the Hardy Boys series were staples on my bookshelves. I read them over and over again.

What do you find to be the most challenging part of writing? And the most rewarding?

The most challenging part for me was working up the courage to let others read it. Handing it off to beta readers and editors was one of the scariest things I've ever done. 

The most rewarding part is the process. I loved getting out of my daily routine and letting my imagination run wild.

What book is on your nightstand?

I'm currently rereading Sue Grafton's Kinsey Millhone's Alphabet Series.

What can we look forward to seeing from you in the future?

In 2017, I plan on releasing the next two novels in my series.

Is there anything you’d like to share with your readers?

I want to thank them for taking the time to get to know me and I hope they'll love Mayhem in Jinx Cove as much as I do.



AUTHOR LINKS


(Savannah is a new author, so she doesn't have an official website yet, and no FB or Twitter as yet.)


AUTHOR BIO


Savannah Mae is the author of the Jinx Cove cozy mystery series. Purveyor of quirky, kooky, charming cozy mysteries and the mayhem that surrounds them.