Sign Up for Colleen's New Release notifications!

* indicates required

Meet the Authors - 25 Mysteries to Die For - Caroline Mickelson


Introducing Caroline Mickelson, 25 Mysteries to Die For co-author...





CAROLINE MICKELSON AUTHOR INTERVIEW











Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I'm an avid reader, a mystery and romance author, and a mother / wrangler of four teenagers. I live in the American southwest, and after thirty years here, I'm still trying to appreciate the desert landscape and heat. I'm also a huge Agatha Christie fan, and Hercule Poirot is my literary hero.


Was there a certain time in your life you knew you wanted to write?

There was never a time when I wanted to be anything else. According to my mother, I was dictating stories to her before I learned to write.

What are you currently working on?

I'm at work on the next in the Sophia Mancini ~ Little Italy series. The title of the next book is 'Lights Out in Little Italy'.

Of the books you’ve written, which one is your favorite and why?

My favorite is 'From Mangia to Murder' because I love the characters as well as the post-World War II period it's set in. My grandfather was the first-born child of Italian immigrants and the story is a tribute to him.

What books have most influenced you as a writer?

Oh, so many! But if pressed to choose one author, it would have to be Agatha Christie. I've read and re-read all of her mysteries multiple times and I marvel at her story telling skill.

What do you find to be the most challenging part of writing? And the most rewarding?

The most challenging part of writing is actually sitting down to write every day. Because I so badly want to do justice to my ideas and characters, I often have to work through some resistance / perfectionist issues before I start typing. The most rewarding part of being a writer is hearing from readers who want to know when the next book is coming out - best compliment ever!

What book is on your nightstand?

My Kindle is the only thing on my nightstand. It's chock full of books waiting to be read - but isn't that true for everyone's e-reader? I love finding a new-to-me mystery series, it's like striking gold.

What can we look forward to seeing from you in the future?

More books in the Little Italy mystery series, and the start of a new series. I have ideas for three different series and I change my hourly about which path to take first. It's a fun stage to be in.

Is there anything you’d like to share with your readers?

I'd love to say thank you to any reader who spends time reading any of my books. Time is so precious for all of us, and I'm honored if readers choose to spend some time in my world. Thank you!


AUTHOR LINKS





AUTHOR BIO

Caroline Mickelson loves her family and loves to write. She also loves a good adventure, among her favorites thus far were attending graduate school in a Scottish castle, riding a camel around the Pyramids in Giza, and taking a best-in-a-lifetime road trip to Graceland. Caroline lives in the American southwest with her husband and their four children, affectionately known as The Miracles.