Sign Up for Colleen's New Release notifications!

* indicates required

Meet the Authors - 25 Mysteries to Die For - Nell Goddin


Introducing Nell Goddin, 25 Mysteries to Die For co-author...










NELL GODDIN AUTHOR INTERVIEW






Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

At the moment I'm deep into mysteries and really enjoying figuring out ways to cover the tracks of criminals, researching poisons, and thinking about sociopaths. So I spend my time thinking about totally degenerate behavior! In my non-writing life, I have a big garden, too many ill-behaved pets, and unruly teenagers--very messy but all good.


Was there a certain time in your life you knew you wanted to write?

I started my first novel at age 8 (didn't get very far...) and never considered doing anything else.

What are you currently working on?

I'm halfway into book #6 of the Molly Sutton Mystery Series. No title yet...

Of the books you’ve written, which one is your favorite and why?

I'd have to say the first book in the Molly Sutton Series is my favorite, even though the mysteries themselves get better as the series progresses. It's my favorite because I started it on a trip to France. I was staying at an AirBnB in a small village on the Mediterranean coast, in a bungalow attached to an artist's house. I was so blissfully happy to be there, loved meeting the artist and wandering around the village--it was like the book just fell into my lap, and all I had to do was open it and start writing it down.

What books have most influenced you as a writer?

Probably F. Scott Fitzgerald and Patricia Highsmith. An odd pair.

What do you find to be the most challenging part of writing? And the most rewarding?

At this point in my life (no spring chicken!), the most challenging part is remembering the details of what's going on in the book I'm writing. The most rewarding is always losing myself in a story when the characters come alive and start bossing me around.

What book is on your nightstand?

The Kind Worth Killing, by Peter Swanson.

What can we look forward to seeing from you in the future?
My next project is going to be standalone, a more literary crime/suspense novel rather than straight-up mystery. I'll keep writing the mystery series too.

Is there anything you’d like to share with your readers?

I daydream about moving to France, opening a gîte business, and having my readers come stay with me. (Just like my protagonist...)

AUTHOR LINKS

Website: www.nellgoddin.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/nellgoddinauthor

Twitter: twitter is www.twitter.com/nellgoddin


AUTHOR BIO

Nell Goddin has worked as a radio reporter, SAT tutor, short-order omelet chef, and baker. She tried waitressing but was fired twice.

Nell grew up in Richmond, Virginia and has lived in New England, New York City, and France. Currently she's back in Virginia with teenagers and far too many pets. She has degrees from Dartmouth College and Columbia University.