Sign Up for Colleen's New Release notifications!

* indicates required

Meet the Authors - 25 Mysteries to Die For - Maggie West





Introducing Maggie West, 25 Mysteries to Die For co-author...







MAGGIE WEST AUTHOR INTERVIEW









Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?


I’m a copyeditor and writer and mostly a big fan of fiction! I think it’s the escape from the everyday that I love so much about fiction. I’ve read so much fiction that I think the next logical step was to write it. As hobbies, I love antiques and crafting and sewing. I also love playing with my energetic kitten and taking walks.

Was there a certain time in your life you knew you wanted to write?

I’ve always enjoyed writing. I would stay in at recess in second grade to write letters to my mom. Those letters weren’t terribly exciting, but I enjoyed it more than playing tag on the playground!

What are you currently working on?

I’m working on another installment in my Antique Pickers in Paradise Cozy Mystery series. These are short reads so are perfect for reading while commuting or waiting at appointments or just for a quick read you can read all in one sitting. I love putting Sherri and Carol in awkward situations (usually there’s a dead body involved) and seeing how they handle it.

Of the books you’ve written, which one is your favorite and why?
I really like my antique pickers cozy series and so far, my first book, Picked to Death, is my favorite. In Picked to Death, I got to develop the characters of Sherri, Carol, Ralph, and Leon and fix the people who in the small Midwestern town of Paradise.

What books have most influenced you as a writer?
I am basically nosey and love to read about real people’s lives. In elementary school the library had biographies of famous people and I read them all. Fiction, to me, is just an extension of real life. It may not have happened exactly as written, but it’s fun to take snippets from life and use them to create characters and scenarios that could happen.

What do you find to be the most challenging part of writing? And the most rewarding?
I have trouble plotting before I start writing. I have an idea of what the story will be but often it switches course and ends up somewhere else. And that’s okay! Finishing is good. Good and rewarding!

What book is on your nightstand?

I’m reading A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. It’s wonderful!

What can we look forward to seeing from you in the future?

Right now I’m concentrating on my Antique Pickers series but would like to dust off some standalone novels I wrote several years ago and publish at least one of those.

Is there anything you’d like to share with your readers?

You rock! That’s what this whole writing business is all about after all. Readers make writers complete!

AUTHOR LINKS



Website link: http://www.maggiewestbooks.com

Facebook Link (author page) https://www.facebook.com/MaggieWestAuthor

Twitter Link https://twitter.com/MaggieWestBooks



AUTHOR BIO

Maggie West is the author of the Antique Pickers in Paradise cozy mystery series and the Lily Thistle cozy mystery series, the Doorways to the Past time travel series, and several romance books. When she's not reading or writing, she loves to craft and sew, keep her kitten out of trouble (oh boy, good luck with that!), and take walks where she dreams up new stories.