Sign Up for Colleen's New Release notifications!

* indicates required

Meet the Authors - 25 Mysteries to Die For - Lisa B Thomas

Introducing Lisa B Thomas, 25 Mysteries to Die For co-author...







LISA B THOMAS AUTHOR INTERVIEW









Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

Born and raised in Texas, I always knew I wanted to be a writer. Finally, after thirty-three years as a high school Journalism and English teacher, I released my first novel. Having grown up reading Trixie Belden, Nancy Drew, and Agatha Christie, I was drawn to the mystery genre.


With two grown children out of the nest, I live a quiet life with my husband and Peekapoo puppy. Besides writing, I enjoy my grandchildren, photography, traveling, and antiquing (buying and selling used junk).

Was there a certain time in your life you knew you wanted to write?

When I was a wee child, I wrote a book about goldfish. I later started a mystery. As a journalism major, I always wanted to write in some form or fashion. It wasn’t until I retired that I became interested in fiction. My first book was inspired by a true-life mystery in my own family.

What are you currently working on?

I am working on Book 5 in my series. It should be a fun one!

Of the books you’ve written, which one is your favorite and why?

Sharpe Shooter is probably my favorite because it has a personal connection to my own family. I love the main character of Deena and her husband and brother.

What books have most influenced you as a writer?

Agatha Christie’s books of course, as well as Stephen King’s. Both authors are master storytellers.

What do you find to be the most challenging part of writing? And the most rewarding?

The most challenging part of writing is making sure the mystery has enough clues but is still a puzzle to be solved. The most rewarding is when I hear from readers who tell me to “write faster” because they want more.

What book is on your nightstand?

Harlan Coben’s “Whispers in the Wind.” I love his books.

What can we look forward to seeing from you in the future?

I may be starting a new series with a character from two of my books.

Is there anything you’d like to share with your readers?

The setting of my series, Maycroft, Texas, is a fictional town. However, it represents a typical southern locale with authentic characters and situations. Hopefully there aren’t as many murders in most small towns!



AUTHOR LINKS



Twitter: @LBThomas2



Check out my "Cozy Mysteries and more" board on Pinterest. I pin lots of books, gifts, quotes, and decor for book lovers like me.

Subscribe to my newsletter using the form on the sidebar. You will receive a free copy of My Dead Relatives, a collection of non-fiction stories about my family. One of the stories, "Skeleton in the Closet," tells the true life story behind Sharpe Shooter, Book 1 in the Maycroft Mystery Series.


AUTHOR BIO

Born and raised in Texas, Lisa Thomas always knew she wanted to be a writer. Finally, after thirty-three years as a high school Journalism and English teacher, she released her first novel. Having grown up reading Trixie Belden, Nancy Drew, and Agatha Christie, she was drawn to the mystery genre. With two grown children out of the nest, she lives a quiet life with her husband and Peekapoo puppy. Besides writing, she enjoys her grandchildren, photography, traveling, and antiquing (aka - buying and selling used junk).