Sign Up for Colleen's New Release notifications!

* indicates required

Meet the Authors - 25 Mysteries to Die For - Nikki Haverstock

Introducing Nikki Haverstock, 25 Mysteries to Die For co-author...









NIKKI HAVERSTOCK AUTHOR INTERVIEW







Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I live on the family’s cattle ranch with my husband and far too many family members J  I like to get involved in a variety of adventures. I love the sciences and technology. I’ve competed at the national level in archery for years. I travelled the world in college studying volcanoes. I taught computer science and archery at a college for 9 years. I am an executive producer for an indy horror movie.  And I’m pregnant.

Was there a certain time in your life you knew you wanted to write?


I’ve always loved the idea of crafting stories but it wasn’t until several friends started writing that it occurred to me that maybe I could do it as well.  It has been a lot of hard work but I love the process.

What are you currently working on?

My biggest project is that I am pregnant and due in early December.  This will be our first child and we feel unbelievably blessed.  Though I am working slower than normal, I am still writing.  Reality TV Mysteries two is in edits and should be released before Baby Haverstock arrives. I am also drafting Target Practice Mysteries book six and plotting two co-writing projects for 2017.

Of the books you’ve written, which one is your favorite and why?

My favorite is Lights, Camera, Murder: Target Practice Mysteries 1 which is in this bundle.  I hosted a competitive target archery reality show in 2013 and this book was my chance to revisit that crazy experience and really take it to a new level.

What books have most influenced you as a writer?

I loved Janet Evanovich, Jennifer Crusie and countless other fun adventures with lots of madcap characters and situations. Agatha Christie always crafted these nuanced books and let the clues organically appear. I’ve also been deeply affected by TV sitcoms.  I loved the idea that everything would be okay in the end but you would laugh on the way there.

What do you find to be the most challenging part of writing? And the most rewarding?

Starting is always a struggle whether it is the start of a book, start of a new work week or even the start of the day.

Finishing a rough draft is so rewarding as is publishing.  It’s still so amazing to me that I can write all those words!

What book is on your nightstand?

I just finished Martin Short’s memoir on my kindle. I’ve been on a memoir kick of comics who write their own material.

What can we look forward to seeing from you in the future?

A lot more cozy mysteries, for sure.  I have some cross over books planned with other amazing authors and if everything goes according to plan, I will have a new series launched in 2017.

Is there anything you’d like to share with your readers?

If you have any baby advice or jokes, post it on my facebook fan page.  I’m sure I’ll need it.


AUTHOR LINKS


Twitter: https://twitter.com/RancherNikki

Website: http://nikkihaverstock.com/





AUTHOR BIO

Nikki Haverstock is a writer who lives on a cattle ranch high in the Rocky Mountains. She has studied comedy writing at Second City and has published 6 cozy mysteries that are heavy on the humor.

Before fleeing the city, she hosted a competitive archery reality show, traveled the world to study volcanoes, taught archery and computer science at a university and now works on her family’s ranch herding cattle. Nikki has more college degrees than she has sense and hopefully one day she will put one to work.


Nikki likes to write comedy pieces that focus on the everyday humor of one-uppers, annoying family members and strange behavior of the ultra-rich. She tried stand up but the cattle weren’t impressed.